Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Who's Afraid of An Empty Nest?

For a short amount of time all the foster kittens had been adopted. But there was something whispering to me from the basement..... 'I'm empty', it whispered,'There's room here for some cats that need fostering...'

What else could I do? I listened to the voice.











These two volunteered. A couple of 'problem' kids. Both would grab at you when petted.


This is Penny. A very beautiful girl under a year old. This sweet girl will come to me and climb into my lap. But being that she is not only a Princess, but a Princess Diva, she has her rules concerning petting. You are allowed to gaze upon her great beauty, but touching is restricted. I am allowed a few pets, then she gently guides my hand with her paw to her mouth for a reprimand. I have informed her that allowing her person to pet her tends to collect the loose hair and therefore prevent those embarrassing moments caused by hairballs. She is considering it.


This is Ronnie. He reminds me a lot of Thomas, another silvery gray medium haired boy. Since Penny was not accepting Ronnie's company I let Ronnie stay upstairs with everyone else. 'Oh by the way Ronnie, a couple of dogs live here.' I warned him as I opened the basement door. Fortunately he gets along with them and the other cats. As for his reaching out while being petted... It was interesting petting him when he first arrived. It was like playing a game of dodge. I'd go to pet him and he probably thought I was going to hit him so he dodged my hand. I thought he was going to bite or scratch me so I dodged. Once he realized that I wasn't going to hit him he loves being petted. He especially likes his shoulders to be rubbed.
~
It wasn't long before the sound of ittie bittie paw prints came into the house once again. These two were about four weeks old when they moved in. Time to warm up a bottle!






Never a dull moment during the kitten season! Look who snuck in. A brother and sister, they joined the ittie bitties. Unfortunately for these two, they smelled like they had a bath before their arrival so they smelled odd to the two occupants.


I have to admire this guys determination, he kept getting into hissing matches and he still came back to see if he could play. Although not sure about me just yet, it's nice that he is outgoing enough to come out from hiding. Meanwhile his plan is working and he is starting to make new friends.


Unlike .....


His sister. After informing her that I am not running a Witness Protection program for feral kittens, I spent a couple of hours barricading underneath the bed. A hard place for me to reach but I was not going to allow her to go someplace that I could not check on her. Satisfied I let her loose in the room only to find her far under the bed less then an hour later when I came in to check on them. Grrr Tomorrow's project is to take out the bed frame and leave the mattresses on the floor. I'm calling her B.C. for Barn Cat.

As if there wasn't enough kitten energy running around the spare bedroom.... here comes two more.





What I find interesting about these two, which I am guessing are brothers, is that one has a mature looking face while the other has a baby face. And their voices match their sweet little faces. One has a baby's meow and the other a more mature sounding meow. Both are experts at purring and playing.`
~
Well, Penny moved out and with Ronnie upstairs I had room for someone downstairs.
Shhh, don't look! Tori is here but she's hiding. She's only been here for about a week, so I don't want to label her as feral. But I do think she'll be the hardest to convince that I am worthy of befriending so far.
What she doesn't know is sometimes when I'm outside I peek in the window and see her sleeping on the blanket that's almost the height of the window and out in the open, Shhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment