Saturday, October 10, 2009

More Stop By Along Their Journey

Hey! Look who's out and about from her hiding spot. I was able to start petting her. She even came into my lap a few times... then she started to come into heat and got distracted. After being spayed she decided it's best not to let me too close to her so I need to start bonding with her all over again.


Three handsome boys moved in. All of them were distrustful of people. The tabby and seal-point have decided they like getting some pets but the tuxedo still isn't sure. Although he is just now starting to be more tolerant of letting my hand near him at dinner time.





The lovely Miss Uma moved in downstairs for a bit. Her person needs some time to find a place where she can keep Miss Ima.









I am so far behind in updating this page the these two boys moved in and were adopted by the time I got this going.








And here's why I was so busy.... This little guy just needs to be raised. His person lost his three other siblings and needed some help. This wee one is a perfect kitten. He is great with the bottle and box.






But he was lonely so the answer to a lonely kitten's prayers arrived the next day with the company of these four kittens.




I had a scary moment with the smaller one. They have had diarrhea since moving in and although they drink their milk replacer fairly well the smallest two just aren't gaining weight. So although it had been awhile since I have given sub-q fluids... and at that I only gave them for a short while, I decided the smallest baby needed some fluids. These babies are so tiny and fragile anyway ya often wonder if you are going to lose them.... and while I was holding the fur at the nap of his shoulder putting the needle in... he went limp. Ack! I'm so afraid what I do will kill them... and there he was limp! But alas, isn't that something that mama cat taught him when she grabbed his nap? So far the little one has survived my medical skills or the lack thereof.






An after bottle moment on Momma's lap












And this handsome guy moved in with the older kittens. Took a bit to play with them without feeling overwelmed but they are all friends now. Just waiting to find a home is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment