Sunday, April 19, 2009

Good days, bad days


Just like fall turns into winter, babies grow up and leave the nest. This handsome guy was the first of the three to move out to seek great adventures beyond the nest. But then he was the leader of his three brothers.



I nicknamed this guy Cowboy, because he was always jumping on me or someone else and hanging on tight for the ride. I don't think he missed a single cleaning of the litter box and he always felt a need to announce when he needed to use the facilities.







Whereas his brother I nicknamed Catitude. He really should have been born a female because he acted like a princess. I never realized that catitude started at such an early age. But good golly could this guy turn on the charm.




Although this is how I usually saw him. That "oh dang I'm busted look". You see Cat didn't concern himself with needing to use the litter box. He much preferred softer less dusty places such as my bed, the carpet, even his cringle sack or cat bed. I worked with this guy trying to get him to see things my way for weeks. And just as I thought, what a good boy he's finally coming around, I'd catch him "digging a hole" on the carpet in a devil may care sort of way.

Cowboy and Catitude get to stay together as they went to the same home.

And as luck would have it, just as the three brothers moved out someone else moved in.

This poor little guy moved in because he was coming down with a cursed upper respiratory infection. He'd have more room in my bathroom then his other options. But very sadly this sweet but shy little guy had more problems then just an URI. Turns out he was FeLv+ and FIP+. So my home and my mom's home became his 'forever home'. During the day he'd be at Mom's sitting on the lounge chair being petted while she read, and at night he'd sleep soundly in my bathroom. He'd purr the whole time he was getting petted. We miss him, he was good company.

Winter turns into spring and life begins again all a-new. The 'Foster Five' are visiting right now and spreading fun and joy where ever they are. Three boys and two girls.

They have taken over the basement. Lots of room for them to run and play. They have been an easy group to care for, but alas they are almost big enough to send out into the world to seek adventures and a home of their own. They grow up so fast. ::sniff::

Meanwhile...

It seems that Mr. Teddy T. Bear (T for Trouble) Has found himself a home. Here he is bonding with one of the current residents. And he is absolutely correct in wanting to make himself at home because I recognized him for the keeper he is and adopted him.

No comments:

Post a Comment