Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Am Forgiven

I hate speuter day. To me it feels like the first act of betrayal to some otherwise joyful kittens. All this time while they have been happily living a carefree life, "Trust me" I tell them. "I am your friend". Then I put them into a box and take them to the vet for a difficult and scary day. Yes, I know it's in their best interest. But it still makes for a scary day and harms the trust I worked so hard to build with them.


Happily everyone has been spayed or neutered and I am forgiven. Two of the girl kittens like to be pet! One of the boys is beginning to like pets. Two of the boys I can pet when they are eating canned food. And one, I can pet while eating canned food, but he's on auto-hiss. And their mom... if I plan it right I was able to pet her a bit while she was eating canned food before the spay. Now she is once again letting me be near her without her being nervous.



I am forgiven ..... as long as I keep the can food comin'

No comments:

Post a Comment