Thursday, August 12, 2010

She Plays!

It was only for a moment or two but I was thrilled to watch Honei play. Last year I brought Honei home from the local Animal Services/Control. When I first saw her she was working the window trying to get any one's attention. Being a senior cat I didn't think anyone else would rescue her from there.




She seemed to feel okay but she did drool a bit so I took her to see the vet. She looked to be in good health except for one abscessed tooth. So I made an appointment to have it extracted. A bit after that Honei has an urgent problem with a heart murmur and congested heart failure. Later she had ringworm, then some diarrhea. When that balanced out, she was clearly uncomfortable eating. Two teeth that were hitting the gum of the tooth she had removed were causing her a lot of discomfort so out they came. More diarrhea... Then she had an urinary tract infection. then more diarrhea. The latest problem is Pancreatitis. After a few months of Honei feeling good the diarrhea returned, her pancreatitis flared up. So now after investing $4,000+ towards Honei's health, it does my heart good to see her playing.

Honei likes to keep me on my toes, although I wish she would stop coming up with various health issues. The vet bills are cutting into the kitty food fund doncha know. I'm just glad she is feeling well and hope she does for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment